As the Kansas City Royals begin their season, fans can be confident the players are in the best possible physical condition, thanks to a team of physicians from The University of Kansas Health System who have spent the entire spring training with them at the Surprise, Arizona camp.
In the video, we hear from each of the specialty physicians, and how they help the team, including:
- Dr. Vincent Key, Royals head physician
- Dr. David Smith, sports medicine
- Dr. Chris Larsen, ear nose and throat
- Dr. Mary Champion, eyes
- Dr. Thomas Whittaker, eyes
- Dr. Tom Rosamond, heart
- Dr. J.P. Darche, Family Medicine
- Dr. Joseph Noland, Family Medicine
- Dr. Tom Rosamond
Also included is video of the various equipment and exam areas used by the physicians.