For the second time in a month, heavy rain has caused flooding all over the Kansas City Metro area. Just like with the heavy spring rain, problems such as flooded basements and leaky roofs are causing strange growths on ceilings. After the water recedes and the sun comes out, the concern is about mold on the walls or on things stored in the basement. You see it and you assume you can smell it but Dr. Stephen Thornton, toxicologist and medical director of the Poison Control Center at The University of Kansas Health System, says concerns about mold are overblown. In the video, Dr. Thornton says unless you have an existing lung condition such as asthma, emphysema or COPD, you really don’t have to worry about mold.